Teeth whitening in White Settlement shouldn’t be a difficult decision. Of course, when you’re considering one of the many store-bought kits found in your local drug store, you’ll probably find yourself pulling your hair trying to interpret which one promises brighter, faster results. Guess what? The promises found on the box are empty and will leave you disappointed and empty pockets. Instead of throwing your money away, here are 4 reasons you should choose to have your teeth professionally whitened. Not only will your money be well spent, but you’ll see drastic results in no time at all.
What Causes Teeth to Become Stained?
Every day, you consume all types of foods and beverages, and you might even practice some bad habits you aren’t even aware of. Unless you’re drinking water and chewing sugarless gum, it’s likely there are things passing through your mouth that can lead to increased stains and discoloration on your teeth. There are also reasons your teeth can become a yellow, dingy color that are no fault of your own.
Since you’re considering teeth whitening, let’s take a look at what has caused you to consider this cosmetic dentistry service by finding out exactly what can cause stains on your teeth:
- Dark-colored foods and beverages, such as coffee, tea, red wine, berries, chocolate, colorful fruits and vegetables, and soda
- Some prescription medications (i.e. high blood pressure or antihistamines)
- Smoking and tobacco use
- Tooth injuries that result in bleeding
- Teeth grinding or clenching
- Bite alignment problems
- Hard brushing
- Chewing on inanimate objects
It’s not always what you ingest that can lead to stains. Wearing of the tooth enamel can lead to thinning teeth and resulting in dull, discolored teeth.
Why is Professional Teeth Whitening Best?
If you’re planning to visit with a cosmetic dentist in White Settlement about professional teeth whitening, congratulations. Your teeth, gums, and overall oral health are important, and you don’t want to risk causing harm to your precious pearly whites, so your decision to see a professional is certainly the right one.
- It’s Safer and More Effective: Although professional teeth whitening systems, whether in-house or at home, use a higher-grade bleaching gel than store-bought kits, it produces faster results and is much safer to use. With in-house treatment, your cosmetic dentist will be applying the gel appropriately to ensure your gums and other soft tissues are undeterred. With professional at-home kits, you’ll be provided with customized trays and clear instructions as to how much gel to dispense so you’ll experience no irritation to your gums or lips.
- Customized to Meet Your Needs: Professional teeth whitening is designed to meet your individual needs. Unlike the one-size-fits-all strips or trays you buy in the store, the trays you receive from your dentist are custom-made based on impressions taken of your teeth. This ensures a comfortable, snug fit, so no gel will leak onto the soft tissues of your mouth.
- Faster Results: Should you choose in-office teeth whitening, you’ll start seeing drastic results in as little as an hour. With professional at-home kits, you’ll gradually see results in just two weeks. While store-bought brands promise quick results, it often ends up that you have to buy multiple kits just to achieve your desired shade.
- Solid Investment: While teeth whitening isn’t permanent and won’t last forever, your whiter smile will last much longer than what store brand kits can provide. Your money will be spent on a professional who can deliver high-quality results using safe and effective methods.
How Long Do Results Last?
How long your whiter, brighter smile lasts depends on you. What can typically last several months with proper oral hygiene practices and avoiding stain-causing foods can quickly be derailed with increased amounts of coffee or soda, and smoking. Will you need touch-ups in order to maintain results? Yes. Spending your money on a professional teeth whitening solution is a worthwhile investment, but it’s up to you to make it last as long as possible.
About the Authors
At ProSmiles Dental, we are excited to serve your entire family’s oral healthcare needs. Whether you are in need of a general cleaning, tooth replacement, or teeth whitening, we can help! Our team of professionals can give you a brighter, whiter smile in less time than those over-the-counter drug store kits. To find out how you can get a beautifully transformed smile, contact us via our website or by calling (817) 369-8000.