It’s no surprise that if your local retail businesses and restaurants are enacting their own safety measures to stay open, your dentist in White Settlement is also putting additional measures into place to ensure staff members and patients are better protected. But exactly how different will it be when you arrive to see your dentist in White Settlement? Will you be greeted with a warm and friendly smile? Will you be required to wear a mask when walking through the front door? Read on to learn how COVID-19 is changing the way you visit the dentist’s office.
Before and After: The Differences You’ll Notice
From how you schedule your appointment to what happens when you leave the dentist’s office, you can expect to see new protocols that better protect everyone. In fact, the guidelines put forth by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), American Dental Association (ADA), and the Occupational Safety & Hazard Administration (OSHA) are not only being followed but instead, they are exceeding the standard level of safety and care.
But how are these measures changing the way you see your emergency dentist in White Settlement? Let’s take a look:
- You will undergo a pre-screening process when calling to schedule an appointment to ensure you are healthy and free of any COVID-19 symptoms that could put others at risk.
- You will be asked to wait inside your vehicle until your appointment time, at which someone will escort you from your car to the treatment room.
- Your dentist and dental team will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), which will, unfortunately, keep you from seeing their happy, smiling faces but will protect everyone from being exposed to potentially harmful bacteria.
- Unless you schedule a block appointment for your family, you will be asked to avoid bringing additional guests with you to minimize unnecessary germs and contact.
- Increased efforts to sanitize and disinfect equipment, reusable dental instruments, and surfaces will be practiced by the staff to help maintain a clean environment.
How Long Will These Changes Last?
It is unclear how long these additional safety measures will need to be in place, but one thing you can be sure of is that your dentist is going to do everything necessary to exceed your expectations every time you visit. Not only is there a clear commitment to high-quality dental care, but the health and safety of every patient is a top priority.
Your dentist will be paying close attention to any changes and/or announcements provided by the CDC, ADA, and state officials to ensure all guidelines are clearly followed. With your help and participation, this adjustment phase can be seamless and successful, no matter how long COVID-19 remains.
About the Practice
At ProSmiles Dental, we are ready to see all our patients once again. With COVID-19 causing us to see only individuals with dental emergencies, we are now reopening our doors and preparing to help you achieve the smile you desire. Whether you need a checkup and cleaning, dental crown placement, or even teeth whitening, our team is here to ensure you remain healthy, safe, and comfortable during your visit. To find out what you should expect upon your arrival, visit our website or call (817) 369-8000.